Steps to create the Restful WCF service
- Create the WCF project by using VS template
- Add the namespace System.Servicemodel.web to the project
- Decorate the default service with the REST attribute to convert it into a Restful service(WebInvoke,WebGet ,URI definition to access the respective operations etc)
- At the configuration side of the service change the binding of an endpoint to webHttpBinding
- Describe the REST endpoint behavior
as shown below
- Link the service endpoint behavior to REST endpoint description by the attribute 'bindingConfiguration' here in this case value is - 'webHttp'
- Finally the entry of endpoint should similar to this
Thats all is needed to have a basic REST Service.
I hope this will help you all to have a gook kick start for the REST WCF Service.